Incubation time is about 36-48 hours at 70-90 degree Fahrenheit.
1. First soak the soybeans overnight (at least 8 hours) in 8 quarts/liters of water.
3. Add two tablespoons of vinegar (to lower the PH), and boil the soybeans. Let it boil for about 10-15 minutes while removeing the soybeans hull that float to the surface.
4. Drain the cooked soybeans and let it cool to room temperature.
5. Pour the tempeh stater into the soybeans and mix thoroughly.
6. Fill each of the perforated plastic bag using the 16 oz. measuring cup.
7. The bag should be about half full.
8. Loosely flatten the soybeans.
9. Place on a rack or any flat surfaces, incubate for about 36-48 hours.